Keep up to date with our diocese.
Is your Christmas shopping becoming an impossible task? We've got inspiration and ideas from our favourite Catholic suppliers!
The Diocese of Nottingham Schools' Singing Programme embarks on its third series of Carol Services
Discover our diocese, our faith, and more.
All our diocesan departments.
Simple guides for common questions.
Our Hubs are spaces with news, documents, and other material specific to our dedicated visitors.
Everything you’re looking for, in one place.
Purpose of role: Recent consultation across our parishes, whilst acknowledging recent improvements in Diocesan communications, urged still greater depth, breadth and frequency of information flowing out from the centre and across all our parishes.
In response to this feedback, we are looking to recruit a skilled, enthusiastic, and creative writer and communicator who can effectively convey and promote the message of the Church throughout the Diocese, highlighting the works of Parishes and Curia (central services) in bringing people closer to God and revealing His love for all.
The Diocese of Nottingham aims to enable people to encounter Jesus Christ and grow as His disciples, sharing his love and his message with others. To fulfil this vision the Diocesan Curia seeks to help its parishes grow as welcoming and vibrant Catholic communities, increasingly focused on mission, outward-facing and valued in their local neighbourhoods and by the wider world.
The Outreach and Communications Assistant plays a crucial role in fostering this more mission-minded Church at both diocesan and local levels by:
· Communicating actively, attractively and to a high standard.
· Promoting widespread participation in, and a fuller appreciation of, the Church’s mission and its implementation through social responsibility and evangelisation.
· Supporting clergy, parish staff, and volunteers in accessing information, guidance, and communication tools that enable them to build thriving parishes.
· Publicising activities overseen by the Mission Enabling Team, which guides and co-ordinates the diocese’s mission and outreach priorities.
· Providing support, advice, templates and training to enable colleagues across the Curia and Parishes to develop their own digital and graphic communications.
The role provides practical support to fulfil these objectives, working with:
· the Outreach Department, especially through Caritas, which focuses on social action and outreach, and support for pastoral care. (3 days a week)
· the Communications Department on behalf of other Curial departments, particularly Adult Formation, Music, Vocations and Safeguarding. (2 days a week)
Based in one of these departments (to be determined on appointment), the position is full-time, but part-time roles or a job-share will be considered, reflecting the distinct focuses on Outreach and Communications described above.
Line Manager: Head of Outreach or Communications (to be determined)
Based at: Diocesan Curial Offices in Nottingham, with some travel around the Diocese, and occasionally elsewhere in the UK. The opportunity for some home working may be possible if fulfilment of objectives allows.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week. Out of hours will be necessary on occasions. TOIL will be granted for any time worked over 17.5 hours in agreement with the line manager.
Contract: Fixed term - 2 years; aspiration to become permanent.
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 depending upon experience