NRCDES Mission Statement
You are built upon the foundations of the apostles and prophets,
and Christ Jesus himself is the cornerstone.
(Ephesians 2: 20)
To work on behalf of our Bishop to support and challenge all Catholic schools within the Diocese of Nottingham, by enabling them to nurture a Gospel-driven educational environment for all children, staff, governors and directors where each person will be helped to encounter God’s personal love for them, discover and grow in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ as his disciples (discipleship) and be open to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in their lives so that they reach out to others with God’s love (missionary discipleship).
Our Aims are:
- the future of Catholic education in our diocese by working to support staff and governors / directors in a constantly changing educational environment;
- the Catholic faith, enabling all children to grow up in the light of the Gospel, learning how to love and giving them opportunities to experience the love of Jesus Christ in their lives;
- the strong relationships that exist between the NRCDES, the NDCYS, parishes and schools within the Diocese of Nottingham.
- high quality Catholic Life, Religious Education, Collective Worship and Chaplaincy in our schools through a highly effective advisory and support service;
- the quality and standard of Catholic education through a rigorous and challenging Diocesan Canonical Inspection framework;
- the highest standard of training and professional development for all staff, governors / directors and ongoing formation of leaders in our schools.
- the quality of Catholic education in collaboration with the Catholic Multi-Academy Trusts through the strategic monitoring of educational standards and responding to needs relating to school improvement;
- a culture in which there exists a shared understanding of excellence within Catholic education and that this serves as an inspiration for all;
- high quality leadership at all levels within our schools through promoting and supporting the development and dissemination of excellent practice and thereby ensuring the continued formation and provision of future leaders of Catholic education.