Friends in Caritas
- Do you feel a call to care for the world around you?
- Would you like to team up with others in your parish and diocese?
- Shall we help each other explore where God is calling us next?
If so, become a Friend in Caritas. Your mission is the Church’s mission. Together let’s change the world.
Friends in Caritas are layfolk from around our Diocese who want to grow in their practical witness to the Gospel, and connect with each other. As Caritas Friends we will help each other:
- Nourish our faith and the unique vocation God has given each of us
- Be inspired by others who want to do the same, and in turn encourage them
- Build a vibrant network of fellow Catholics inspired by a dream of God’s kingdom
- Learn from Catholic social teaching – because you’re already putting it into practice
- Become part of Caritas, one of the biggest humanitarian networks in the world.
Parishes around Nottingham Diocese are full of people like you, and now you can connect. Caritas Friends help each other to name, nurture and flourish in the work God calls them to – whether as a volunteer, through paid employment or in prayer. Some Caritas Friends might want to become parish Caritas representatives and help their parishes grow as confident, outward-looking communities of missionary disciples.Friends in Caritas are encouraged to meet up in their parish, perhaps taking responsibility for their own neighbourhood, and with Friends across the diocese in person, by video-conference, and through a dedicated Facebook group. As a Caritas Friend you will not only deepen your faith, but also gain new skills and confidence, and make new friends.