Lend an Ear
How has your past year changed the future?
Introducing the inaugural listening campaign of Caritas in the Diocese of Nottingham, Summer 2021
Part of the inaugural series of initiatives of
Caritas in the Diocese of Nottingham
Many parishioners in the Diocese of Nottingham have already taken the online survey exploring how Covid-19 has affected them. From Pentecost until the end of August 2021, Caritas, our diocesan network for social action, invites you to engage people in a personal conversation in the parish community and beyond on some of the same questions.
- Find out how you can participate, in this simple one-page guide - and share it with your friends
- Share the insights you gain from your conversations in this online form.
Why a listening campaign?
- Build bridges to repair the estrangement caused by a year of social distancing
- Increase understanding of the impact of Covid-19 on our neighbours
- Foster a ‘culture of encounter’ to heal our fractured society
- Start with listening as we develop the Church’s ministry of charity in the Diocese of Nottingham.
Lend an Ear is inspired by Pope Francis' latest encyclical Fratelli Tutti and by the opportunities presented by the relaxation of lockdown:
“Every now and then, miraculously, a kind person appears and is willing to set everything else aside in order to show interest, to give the gift of a smile, to speak a word of encouragement, to listen amid general indifference.”
“To speak of a “culture of encounter” means that we, as a people, should be passionate about meeting others, seeking points of contact, building bridges, planning a project that includes everyone. This becomes an aspiration and a style of life.”