Make yours a missionary parish
Join us on the adventure of discipleship, with this opportunity to help your parish renew its mission and outreach.
"This initiative comes at an exciting time for our diocese, as we listen afresh to the Gospel’s invitation to encounter Christ, grow as disciples, and step out in mission... Every parish that takes up the invitation of ‘Here: Now: Us’ won’t just make an impact at home; it will be joining the universal Church in making Christ’s love known on earth.
- Bishop Patrick McKinney
Cardinal Vincent Nichols congratulates the team from Together for the Common Good on the grant from the Charles Plater Trust, which enables us to bring Here: Now: Us to the Diocese of Nottingham.
Here: Now: Us is a programme to help parishes grow as confident, outward-looking communities and invest in the leadership of lay people. It comes at a timely moment as we emerge from the restrictions of the Covid-19 pandemic, and seek to reconnect with each other and the wider world.
The Diocese of Nottingham has teamed up with the national charity Together for the Common Good (T4CG) and three other dioceses. T4CG specialises in helping people bring Catholic social teaching alive in their community – they call it ‘common good thinking’.
The programme includes:
- The Word and the Common Good - a series of six workshops which we're running online on Monday evenings in June and July 2021 - more on that below.
- A Saturday parish workshop for between 12 and 20 parishioners when Covid restrictions allow - it's not too early to start planning
- Support for your parish's mission and outreach in a post-Covid world.
The Word and The Common Good
Six Monday evenings from 7 June 2021
You are invited to join Catholics from around the Diocese of Nottingham for an interactive online course over six Monday evenings in June and July. As life resumes after lockdown, let's rebuild our society to reflect the Kingdom of God.
- Discover how Scripture and Catholic Social Teaching can help us seize this moment to sow seeds of the Gospel
- Build bridges following a year of social distancing and foster a new 'culture of encounter'
- Form new friendships, renew old ones, and help to build our parish communities for mission.
Begins on Monday 7 June at 7.00 p.m. for six weeks.
Thanks to a grant from the Plater Trust, we can offer T4CG’s Common Good workshop Here: Now: Us in lay formation, community development and pastoral planning. We’re hoping to reach 100 people in five places here in the diocese of Nottingham over the coming year.
If you or your parish would be interested to know more about taking part, email Paul Bodenham, Programme Leader for Social Action, or call 07470 907656, and we’ll gladly tell you more.