JOB ALERT: Executive director, CBCEW
An opportunity to work with the General Secretary to further develop the Bishops’ Conference Secretariat as a centre of knowledge and capability in support of the bishops of England and Wales. It is an opportunity which would suit someone with broad and deep knowledge and experience of working with the Catholic Church and able to demonstrate a sustained track record of representing the Church across a diverse range of people and organisations, including legislators and influencers in England and Wales.
Reporting to the General Secretary, the role will be based in the office of the Catholic Bishops' Conference, a short walk from Victoria Station in Central London.
Key Accountabilities will include
- To work with colleagues to develop professional excellence across all disciplines in support of the Bishops and their mission;
- To develop individual, team and organisational knowledge and capability, and translate into compelling policy and practice consistent with proclaiming the Kingdom of God across England and Wales;
- To support the work of the Secretariat in continuously improving knowledge of Church teaching across England and Wales, including for sacramental preparation;
- To develop understanding of the Catholic heritage and culture of England and Wales as core to evangelisation;
- To provide Bishops with knowledge and insight, enabling them to respond to emerging issues of national and international importance to the Church.
- To communicate the Gospel message in the context of the lived experience of the people of England and Wales and develop and implement mechanisms for translating Church teaching into pastoral practice;
Salary: Subject to experience.
Closing date for applications: 23rd August 2019.
Interviews: Interviews will be held on 18th September 2019 at 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX. Second interviews will be arranged on a mutually convenient date.
Applicants must confirm their right to work in the UK and forward a full CV and covering letter demonstrating the skills, motivation and experience that equips them for this role to: HR@cbcew.org.uk
or by post to: Head of HR, 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX.