Welcome to The Diocese of Nottingham
Our Diocese is a very large diverse area covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and most of Nottinghamshire with rural, coastal and inner city areas. Bishop Patrick, in his homily 4th November 2018, stated that there is potential in our diocese to become more outward-looking and missionary in its sense of purpose and direction. This is achievable by having a strong spiritual foundation which will be firmly in place over the next few years. The three themes which we are using are:
The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy. (EG21)
The joy of the Gospel is for all people: no one can be excluded. (EG23)
JOB ALERT: Executive director, CBCEW
The Bishop's homily for the Mass of Ordination on the 6th of July, 2019
Sea Sunday 2019
Are you housebound and would like to watch Diocesan Masses/Services? Click HERE for the link to watch major services streamed by St Barnabas Cathedral
RECENT FILE UPLOADS
* the architectural and historical report for the church of the English Martyrs, Bakewell.
REQUIESCANT IN PACE
Of your charity, please pray for the peaceful repose of the following members of our Diocese, recently deceased:
- Sister Mary Herbert OSC (+), one time member of the Newry Poor Clares and former resident at the Cathedral
- The Reverend Father Neil McLaughlin (+), priest of the Diocese
- Sister Dolores Whyte PBVM (+), of the community in Matlock
- Sister Christianne Champalbert CRSF (+), of the community of S. Francis' House, Nottingham
- The Reverend Mister John Parker (+), deacon of the Diocese
- The Reverend Father Fabian Radcliffe OP (+), of the community at Holy Cross, Leicester
- Sister Dolores Murphy PBVM (+), of the Sisters' Care Centre in Matlock
- The Reverend Mister Ray Faghy (+), deacon of the Diocese
- The Reverend Mister Bernard Croft (+), deacon of the Diocese
- Sister Eucharia FSM (+), long-time staff member at S. Hugh's College, Tollerton
- The Reverend Father Thomas Breslin (+), priest of the Diocese
Saints of God, come to their aid!
Come to meet them, angels of the Lord!
Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.
“Seek refuge in Mary because she is the city of refuge. We know that Moses set up three cities of refuge for anyone who inadvertently killed his neighbour. Now the Lord has established a refuge of mercy, Mary, even for those who deliberately commit evil. Mary provides shelter and strength for the sinner.” - S. Anthony of Padua
Christ, the deepest meaning...
"To enable us to know, accept and follow him, the Son of God took on our flesh. In this way he also saw the Father humanly, within the setting of a journey unfolding in time. Christian faith is faith in the Incarnation of the Word and his bodily resurrection; it is faith in a God who is so close to us that he entered our human history. Far from divorcing us from reality, our faith in the Son of God made man in Jesus of Nazareth enables us to grasp reality’s deepest meaning and to see how much God loves this world and is constantly guiding it towards himself. This leads us, as Christians, to live our lives in this world with ever greater commitment and intensity."
ENCYCLICAL LETTER LUMEN FIDEI OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS, GIVEN THE 29TH OF JUNE, 2013
His Holiness Pope Francis, 266th in the line of the Apostle S. Peter.