Welcome to The Diocese of Nottingham
Our Diocese is a very large diverse area covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and most of Nottinghamshire with rural, coastal and inner city areas. Bishop Patrick, in his homily 4th November 2018, stated that there is potential in our diocese to become more outward-looking and missionary in its sense of purpose and direction. This is achievable by having a strong spiritual foundation which will be firmly in place over the next few years. The three themes which we are using are:
The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy. (EG21)
The joy of the Gospel is for all people: no one can be excluded. (EG23)
Pilgrimage to the land of Jesus
A Morning with Mary
Natural fertility matters
God Who Speaks: Year of the Word 2020
Scripture, the Bible, the word of God – whatever we like to call it – is at the centre of everything the Church does. It’s in our prayer and worship, how we understand the world, how we are called to live and how we relate to each another. The year 2020 will be the 10th anniversary of Verbum Domini – Pope Benedict XVI’s Apostolic Exhortation on ‘The Word of the Lord’ and the 1,600 anniversary of St Jerome’s death. These events in the life of the Church have motivated the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales to make 2020 a year of focus on the Bible and
Watch out for events in the Diocese of Nottingham.
Are you housebound and would like to watch Diocesan Masses/Services? Click HERE for the link to watch major services streamed by St Barnabas Cathedral
A Morning with Mary
RECENT FILE UPLOADS
REQUIESCANT IN PACE
Of your charity, please pray for the peaceful repose of the following members of our Diocese, recently deceased:
- Sister Mary Herbert OSC (+), one time member of the Newry Poor Clares and former resident at the Cathedral
- The Reverend Father Neil McLaughlin (+), priest of the Diocese
- Sister Dolores Whyte PBVM (+), of the community in Matlock
- Sister Christianne Champalbert CRSF (+), of the community of S. Francis' House, Nottingham
- The Reverend Mister John Parker (+), deacon of the Diocese
- The Reverend Father Fabian Radcliffe OP (+), of the community at Holy Cross, Leicester
- Sister Dolores Murphy PBVM (+), of the Sisters' Care Centre in Matlock
- The Reverend Mister Ray Faghy (+), deacon of the Diocese
- The Reverend Mister Bernard Croft (+), deacon of the Diocese
- Sister Eucharia FSM (+), long-time staff member at S. Hugh's College, Tollerton
- The Reverend Father Thomas Breslin (+), priest of the Diocese
Saints of God, come to their aid!
Come to meet them, angels of the Lord!
Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.
“Seek refuge in Mary because she is the city of refuge. We know that Moses set up three cities of refuge for anyone who inadvertently killed his neighbour. Now the Lord has established a refuge of mercy, Mary, even for those who deliberately commit evil. Mary provides shelter and strength for the sinner.” - S. Anthony of Padua
His Holiness Pope Francis, 266th in the line of the Apostle S. Peter.