Welcome to The Diocese of Nottingham
Our Diocese is a very large diverse area covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and most of Nottinghamshire with rural, coastal and inner city areas. Bishop Patrick, in his homily, stated that there is potential in our diocese to become more outward-looking and missionary in its sense of purpose and direction. This is achievable by having a strong spiritual foundation which will be firmly in place over the next few years. The three themes which we are using are:
The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy. (EG21)
The joy of the Gospel is for all people: no one can be excluded. (EG23)
During this time of self-isolation and social distancing, many parishes are keeping in touch by live-streaming their Masses or producing Youtube videos.
Bishop Patrick McKinney streams Masses from his private chapel in Bishop's House.
Mass Sunday at 10 am, for mid-week Mass times check Sunday Mass stream
For those with no internet access, an audio Sunday Mass is available at 10 am. For the telephone number see here.
Lectionary commentary: thirtieth Sunday of Ordinary time
Set Your Captives Free - #RedWednesday
Lectionary commentary: twenty-ninth Sunday of Ordinary time, year A
CAFOD Family Fast day, October 2020
His Holiness Pope Francis, 266th in the line of the Apostle S. Peter.
A Moment with Mary
The Big Schools Get-together
A Morning with Mary
RECENT FILE UPLOADS
- the new Liturgical Ordo for the year 2019-2020.
- the Endorsement of the NHS Spiritual, Pastoral and Religious Staff and Volunteers: a practical guide.
- the architectural and historical report for the church of the English Martyrs, Bakewell.
- 2019's annual report of the Diocesan Historical Churches Committee (HCC).
REQUIESCANT IN PACE
Of your charity, please pray for the peaceful repose of the following members of our Diocese, recently deceased:
- The Reverend Father Terence Fellows (+), priest of the Diocese
- Sister Philippa Kohlbecker (+), of the community of the Sisters of Mercy
- Sister Rita Wynn (+), of the community of the Sisters of Mercy
- Sister Breege Leddy (+), of the community of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Peace
- The Reverend Father Richard Adam OCSO (+), priest of the community of Mount Saint Bernard abbey
Saints of God, come to their aid!
Come to meet them, angels of the Lord!
Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.