Welcome to The Diocese of Nottingham
Our Diocese is a very large diverse area covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and most of Nottinghamshire with rural, coastal and inner city areas. Bishop Patrick, in his homily, stated that there is potential in our diocese to become more outward-looking and missionary in its sense of purpose and direction. This is achievable by having a strong spiritual foundation which will be firmly in place over the next few years. The three themes which we are using are:
The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy. (EG21)
The joy of the Gospel is for all people: no one can be excluded. (EG23)
During this time of self-isolation and social distancing, many parishes are keeping in touch by live-streaming their Masses or producing Youtube videos.
Bishop Patrick McKinney streams Masses from his private chapel in Bishop's House. This week: Monday 9 am Mass,
Thursday 9 am Mass, Saturday 9 am Mass, Sunday 10 am Mass
For those with no internet access, an audio Sunday Mass is available at 10 am. For the telephone number see here.
NEWS UPDATE: All churches are to be closed, as of the 24th of March, 2020
NEWS ALERT: Public Masses temporarily to cease from the evening of Friday, the 20th of March, 2020
Masses will continue in the churches. Masses however will remain private and there will be no service of Holy Communion at Mass. Please view the following message from His Eminence Cardinal Vincent of Westminster, concerning the closing of the churches.
Lectionary commentary: Trinity Sunday
JOB VACANCY - Community coordinator for the Catholic parishes of East Nottingham
Lectionary commentary: Pentecost Sunday
Lectionary commentary: seventh Sunday of Easter, year A
His Holiness Pope Francis, 266th in the line of the Apostle S. Peter.
The Big Schools Get-together
A Morning with Mary
RECENT FILE UPLOADS
- the new Liturgical Ordo for the year 2019-2020.
- the Endorsement of the NHS Spiritual, Pastoral and Religious Staff and Volunteers: a practical guide.
- the architectural and historical report for the church of the English Martyrs, Bakewell.
- 2018's annual report of the Diocesan Historical Churches Committee (HCC).
REQUIESCANT IN PACE
Of your charity, please pray for the peaceful repose of the following members of our Diocese, recently deceased:
- Sister Breege Leddy (+), of the community of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Peace
- The Reverend Father Richard Adam OCSO (+), priest of the community of Mount Saint Bernard abbey
- The Reverend Father Joseph McGovern (+), priest of the Diocese
- Sister Mary Gonzalvo OP (+), of the community of the Dominican Sisters at Leicester
- The Reverend Father Stephan Foster (+), priest of the Diocese
Saints of God, come to their aid!
Come to meet them, angels of the Lord!
Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.