Welcome to The Diocese of Nottingham
Our Diocese is a very large diverse area covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and most of Nottinghamshire with rural, coastal and inner city areas. Bishop Patrick, in his homily 4th November 2018, stated that there is potential in our diocese to become more outward-looking and missionary in its sense of purpose and direction. This is achievable by having a strong spiritual foundation which will be firmly in place over the next few years. The three themes which we are using are:
The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy. (EG21)
The joy of the Gospel is for all people: no one can be excluded. (EG23)
The Presentation in the Temple
Lectionary commentary: Baptism of Jesus Christ
Lectionary commentary: the Epiphany
His Holiness Pope Francis, 266th in the line of the Apostle S. Peter.
A Morning with Mary
RECENT FILE UPLOADS
- the new Liturgical Ordo for the year 2019-2020.
- the Endorsement of the NHS Spiritual, Pastoral and Religious Staff and Volunteers: a practical guide.
- the architectural and historical report for the church of the English Martyrs, Bakewell.
- 2018's annual report of the Diocesan Historical Churches Committee (HCC).
REQUIESCANT IN PACE
Of your charity, please pray for the peaceful repose of the following members of our Diocese, recently deceased:
- The Reverend Mister James Baxter (+), deacon of the Diocese
- Sister Mary Herbert OSC (+), one time member of the Newry Poor Clares and former resident at the Cathedral
- The Reverend Father Neil McLaughlin (+), priest of the Diocese
- Sister Dolores Whyte PBVM (+), of the community in Matlock
- Sister Christianne Champalbert CRSF (+), of the community of S. Francis' House, Nottingham
- The Reverend Mister John Parker (+), deacon of the Diocese
- The Reverend Father Fabian Radcliffe OP (+), of the community at Holy Cross, Leicester
- Sister Dolores Murphy PBVM (+), of the Sisters' Care Centre in Matlock
- The Reverend Mister Ray Faghy (+), deacon of the Diocese
- The Reverend Mister Bernard Croft (+), deacon of the Diocese
- Sister Eucharia FSM (+), long-time staff member at S. Hugh's College, Tollerton
- The Reverend Father Thomas Breslin (+), priest of the Diocese
Saints of God, come to their aid!
Come to meet them, angels of the Lord!
Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.