Welcome to The Diocese of Nottingham
Our Diocese is a very large diverse area covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and most of Nottinghamshire with rural, coastal and inner city areas. Bishop Patrick, in his homily 4th November 2018, stated that there is potential in our diocese to become more outward-looking and missionary in its sense of purpose and direction. This is achievable by having a strong spiritual foundation which will be firmly in place over the next few years. The three themes which we are using are:
The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy. (EG21)
The joy of the Gospel is for all people: no one can be excluded. (EG23)
Lectionary commentary: seventh Sunday of Ordinary Time
On the parish of S. Hugh's, Borrowash
Our Ladie's Nativitye
Forty days for Life (February the 26th - April the 5th)
His Holiness Pope Francis, 266th in the line of the Apostle S. Peter.
A Morning with Mary
RECENT FILE UPLOADS
- the new Liturgical Ordo for the year 2019-2020.
- the Endorsement of the NHS Spiritual, Pastoral and Religious Staff and Volunteers: a practical guide.
- the architectural and historical report for the church of the English Martyrs, Bakewell.
- 2018's annual report of the Diocesan Historical Churches Committee (HCC).
REQUIESCANT IN PACE
Of your charity, please pray for the peaceful repose of the following members of our Diocese, recently deceased:
- Sister Rita Popple (+), of the Rosminian Sisters of Providence, of Loughborough
- Sister Evelyn Sheridan (+), of the Sisters of S. Joseph of Peace, late of the Rearsby convent
- The Reverend Canon Colin Taylor (+), priest of the Diocese
- Sister Ellen McGrath (+), of the Sisters of Mercy of Derby
- Sister Carmel Fitzpatrick (+), of the Sisters of Mercy of Derby
- The Reverend Monsignor Joseph Phelan (+), priest of the Diocese
Saints of God, come to their aid!
Come to meet them, angels of the Lord!
Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.