Welcome to The Diocese of Nottingham
Our Diocese is a very large diverse area covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and most of Nottinghamshire with rural, coastal and inner city areas. Bishop Patrick, in his homily, stated that there is potential in our diocese to become more outward-looking and missionary in its sense of purpose and direction. This is achievable by having a strong spiritual foundation which will be firmly in place over the next few years. The three themes which we are using are:
The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy. (EG21)
The joy of the Gospel is for all people: no one can be excluded. (EG23)
During this time of self-isolation and social distancing, many parishes are keeping in touch by live-streaming their Masses or producing Youtube videos.
Bishop Patrick McKinney streams Masses from his private chapel in Bishop's House.
Mass Sunday at 10 am, for mid-week Mass times check Sunday Mass stream
For those with no internet access, an audio Sunday Mass is available at 10 am. For the telephone number see here.
Click on the above image to visit our Synod page.
How to support sea farers this Christmas
Full statement from the bishops of England and Wales on the importance of honouring Sunday
National novena for the rejection of 'assisted dying'
Fr David Palmer is appointed chaplain of Nottingham University
‘Lethal drugs are not the civilised solution for people seeking a peaceful death,’ says Bishop of Nottingham
His Holiness Pope Francis, 266th in the line of the Apostle S. Peter.
Faith Communication in the Digital World Programme
Madeleine Strezynski interviews Naomi Roberts
A Moment with Mary
RECENT FILE UPLOADS
- The New Diocesan Year Book 2021
- the new Liturgical Ordo for the year 2020-2021.
- the Endorsement of the NHS Spiritual, Pastoral and Religious Staff and Volunteers: a practical guide.
- the architectural and historical report for the church of the English Martyrs, Bakewell.
- 2019's annual report of the Diocesan Historical Churches Committee (HCC).
REQUIESCANT IN PACE
Of your charity, please pray for the peaceful repose of the following members of the consecrated life in our Diocese, recently deceased:
- Reverend Father Patrick O'Doherty (+), priest of the Diocese
- Reverend Father Hugh Doherty (+), priest of the Diocese
- Reverend Father John Cairns (+), priest of the Diocese
- Sister Francis Martin FSM (+), of the Franciscan Minoress community in Melton Mowbray
- Sister Margaret Mary Herlihy PBVM (+), of the community of the Presentation Sisters at Matlock
Saints of God, come to their aid!
Come to meet them, angels of the Lord!
Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.